Monday, July 14, 2014

Changes- Lots and Lots of Changes

Its been crazy busy here on the home front - I broke my foot about a week before Mr. Handsome graduated. Which means I cancelled the family pictures I had scheduled because I didn't want my brother-in-law/podiatrist to see me attempt to take the pictures in my heels. Plus who wants the ugliest boot in pictures you want to in large and put in your living room! Urgh!  On the bright side I wasn't able to help move :) so Mr. Handsome and his family did pretty much all of the packing, loading, moving, unloading and unpacking! Yeah for me :)

Graduation was AMAZING! I didn't realize how emotional it was going to be until Mr. Handsome walked across the stage and received his diploma. Lil Handsome man screamed "That's MY DADDY!" and let me tell you at that point I lost it! Not just a tear or two - I made puddles at my feet! Its been a 6 year journey for us (4 years in graduate school and two in undergrad). I journey I was so ready to complete until the day after graduation, when the real world hit. And when it hit it hit HARD! Broken foot expenses, moving costs, new housing costs, set up fees for all the utilities, old cars breaking/fixing and breaking again, not to mention diapers, gas and food. Lets just say that first paycheck couldn't get here fast enough. In my head I had already spent that check 10x over. I just wish I got to spend something - any of it really - on something I actually wanted not needed. Real world problems right?

Outside of my broken foot the move went better then expected. Lil Handsome and Pretty Princess took the road trip well. Only getting too fussy a few times. My MIL helped out by driving and staying with us for two weeks until I could drive again and walk around without crutches. By the end of the two weeks I'm not sure who was more excited to see the plane arrive to pick her up- Me, Mr. Handsome and my MIL. Love her to pieces but home girl and I don't see eye-to-eye on many things.

Pretty Princess also just celebrated her very first birthday! I was one excited Mama. Since Mickey Mouse is her boyfriend and all we went all out on a Mickey and Minnie themed party! My mom and two of my siblings were able to make the trip to come see us and celebrate with us. Pictures to come soon- as soon as I figure out this whole blogger.com thing. Technology and I aren't friends and it doesn't look like that will be changing anytime soon- Maybe I should invest in Blogging for Dummies???

No comments:

Post a Comment