Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Mastitis 1 Me 0 #swollenandred #Ihateyou

Oh Mastitis how I hate you! I started feeling some pain, and tenderness in my left boob yesterday while at the park playing with my kids. I didn't think much of it until we got home and went to nurse my pretty lil princess and noticed just how red my boob was. And then came in the headache. I knew right then and there I was in for it!
I've experienced mastitis before- and boy was it a dozie. I decided to take a hot shower  and message the lump out (or try too- if you've ever experienced this type of thing before you know even the slightest touch can cause massive pain). Sleep was nonexistent. And of course every time I would look over and see Mr. Handsome sleeping soundly it took all that was in me not to smack perfectly resting face.
 He did wake up (finally) around 4 am because I was "moving too much and making too much noise"- I should have hit him them. But after searching the house for what seemed liked hours for the heating pad he did the most loving thing for me :) He went to Wal-Mart to buy me one. It helped majorly but I am sitting here waiting for my doctors office to open so I can have them call in some antibiotics and pain meds. . . .
So for now Mastitis you may have won the battle but I will win this war. I'm coming for you and I am coming hard and fast. Watch your back.

No comments:

Post a Comment